The forensic medicine market will show rapid growth due to the increase in global crime rate, the sophistication of crime and the increasing demand for forensic technologies.
- The crime rates are on the rise, globally and this increase in the crime rates is expected to boost the overall growth of the market. In the Latin American region, the crime rate is very high with violent crime constituting the major part of it. In Colombia, it is estimated that one person is murdered every 10 minutes, due to high levels of social inequality, civil wars and armed conflicts, and low economic growth rate. According to the World Bank, one-fifth of Brazil s 173 million people account for only a 2.2% share of the national income.
- Hence this has increased the demand for forensic techniques that involves collection and analysis of medical evidence, to produce objective information for use in the legal system i.e. forensic medicine. Therefore, all these factors have increased the overall demand for the market studied.
- Also, the development of strong institutions and collaborations has led to the sustained growth of forensic medicine. However, government regulations and the decline in the supply of forensic services has restrained the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends
Finger Print Analysis is Expected to be the Largest Growing Segment in the Forensic Medicine Market
- Fingerprints are being used to identify the suspects and helps in solving the crime and also remain an extremely valuable tool for law enforcement. Fingerprint identification, thus, helps in tracking a criminal’s record, and their associated previous arrests to aid in decision making.
- However, fingerprints provide significantly more information about an individual. In the context of crime scene investigation, the identification of latent fingerprints is the process of analyzing the latent prints against a database of fingerprints to try to find a match.
- Thus, the fingerprint identification techniques continue to evolve with the increased availability and this field promises to be exciting for the years to come.
North America is Found Leading the Forensic Medicine Market
The United States in the North American region dominates the market of forensic medicine, due to the increasing rate of crimes in the country. There has been a significant increase in the adoption of forensics by private companies and law enforcement agencies in various sectors, including healthcare. North America thus accounts for the maximum contribution of the total publications on forensic medicine.
There has been a presence of a considerable number of companies that are significantly contributing to the market growth. New product launches, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations are the key strategies undertaken by these companies for sustainable growth.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increase in Global Crime Rate
4.2.2 Sophistication of Crime
4.2.3 Increasing Demand for Forensic Technologies
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Reduction in Government Expenditure on Forensic Technologies
4.3.2 Declining Supply of Forensic Services
4.3.3 Regulatory Constraints
4.4 Porter s Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Method
5.1.1 Forensic DNA
5.1.2 Finger Print Analysis
5.1.3 Chemical Analysis
5.1.6 Other Methods
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Genome Sequencing
5.2.2 Judicial/Law Enforcement
5.2.3 Other Applications
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Agilent Technologies
6.1.3 Bode Cellmark Forensics
6.1.4 Eurofins Medigenomix Gmbh
6.1.5 GE Healthcare Life Sciences
6.1.6 NMS Labs Inc.
6.1.7 Pyramidal Technologies Ltd
6.1.8 SPEX Forensics
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS