The Europe Machine Vision Systems Market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. According to the International Federation of Robotics (IFR), as of September 2020, there were 21,700 industrial robots in operation in the UK. Moreover, the number of industrial robots operating in the United Kingdom factories grew by 5% last year, and the number was double-digit due to COVID-19.
- The vendors also play a significant role in shaping the market scenario. Players are involved in developing core technology, such as image sensors and image-processing algorithms, vision products from cameras to sensors, from software to systems, for all kinds of applications and industries. Moreover, the domestic use of machine vision equipment in factories in Europe is also relatively stable.
- Europe is expected to be one of the most lucrative markets due to the growing demand for processed products, especially in the United Kingdom, Germany, and France. Moreover, stringent regulations proposed by the regulating bodies pertaining to the quality and hygiene of the processed items are expected to support the demand for vision systems in the European food industry.
- Furthermore, over the last decade, the consistent and systematic application of machine vision in the food industry is mainly attributed to ongoing advancements in constituent methodologies such as image processing and pattern recognition. Also, technological advancements have made it possible to implement these machines at a lower cost.
- Also, Industry 4.0 fueled the development of technologies like robots playing a crucial role in industrial automation, with many core operations in industries being managed by robots. Also, 3D machine vision supports new applications, such as vision-guided robotics and automated butchering. These vision-guided robots are a combination of 2D and 3D cameras.
Key Market Trends
Automotive Industry to Witness Significant Growth
- The primary goal of machine vision system solutions was to restore human efforts and skills by incorporating automation into various manufacturing industries. Various market vendors in the region are witnessing machine vision systems that are useful in the automotive industry for examining flaws in patterns that are complex for the human eye to recognize.
- Vendors in the region, such as Samsara Inc, a provider of machine vision solutions designed to automate inspections, opened its new headquarters in London, Shoreditch. Its Product and Engineering team will be dedicated to building new features specific to Europe.
- The Italian garment industry, which is labor-intensive, is adopting smart factory solutions to reduce labor costs and increase its profit margin. The country is still emerging from the global recession, and its economy has been stagnant over the last decade. The gradual recovery of the automotive sector in Italy and the growth of textile manufacturing will lead to the moderate growth of the country s machine vision market.
- The growing investment in automation, robotics, and Industry 4.0 technologies, increasing need for safety and inspection vision systems, and high rate of product innovation are significant factors driving the growth of the European machine vision systems market. Machine vision applications like presence detection to real-time inspection and grading tasks in harsh environments are becoming standard across the automotive industry
United Kingdom Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Machine vision systems have become an indispensable element of industrial automation to gain greater precision and quality assurance in the country. The vital requirement for high-quality product inspection is witnessing the demand for machine vision systems and services.
- Further, strengthening the requirement for high production yield in the manufacturing industry is anticipated to remain a significant driver for enhanced demand in machine vision technology. Also, Industrial applications demand higher productivity expected to boost the performance of production units in the country.
- Also, various innovations are driving the market growth in the united kingdom. For instance, in September 2020, Industrial Vision Systems (IVS), based in the United Kingdom, introduced the IVS-COMMAND-Ai in-line inspection solution for high-speed automated visual inspection. The IVS-COMMAND-Ai Vision Sensors communicate directly with all factory information and control systems, enabling complete part inspection, guidance, tracking, traceability, built-in image, and data saving.
- Industrial and manufacturing will be significant growth drivers for smart cameras, and rising adoptions of technologies like drones are further expected to expand the scope. In 2021, a European research project led by Finnish group VTT is developing machine vision systems to support autonomous drones and robots.
The Europe Machine Vision Systems Market is moderately competitive in nature. Product launches, high expense on research and development, partnerships, and acquisitions are the prime growth strategies adopted by the companies in the region to sustain the intense competition.
- August 2021 - Keyence Corporation introduced a customizable vision system XG-X series Advanced programming interface with 3D and linescan capabilities for high-quality, high-speed inspection and control. The XG-X Series provides high-speed, high-resolution cameras for high-accuracy inspection, providing robust solutions to a wide range of manufacturing problems.
- January 2021 - Cognex Corporation announced In-Sight 3D-L4000 embedded vision system. The smart camera, which features 3D laser displacement technology, enables engineers to quickly, effectively, and cost-effectively solve a variety of inspections and testing on automated production lines.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter s Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Need for Quality Inspection and Automation
5.1.2 Rising Demand for Accurate Defect Detection
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Complications in the Implementation of Mv Systems
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Component
188.8.131.52 Vision Systems
184.108.40.206 Optics and Illumination Systems
220.127.116.11 Frame Grabber
18.104.22.168 Other Types of Hardware
6.2 By Product
6.2.2 Smart Camera-based
6.3 By End-User Industry
6.3.1 Food and Beverage
6.3.2 Healthcare and Pharmaceutical
6.3.3 Logistic and Retail
6.3.5 Electronics and Semiconductors
6.3.6 Other End-user Industries
6.4 By Country
6.4.1 United Kingdom
6.4.4 Rest of Europe
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Cognex Corporation
7.1.2 Keyence Corporation
7.1.3 Omron Corporation
7.1.4 Basler AG
7.1.5 National Instruments Corporation
7.1.6 Teledyne DALSA
7.1.7 Datalogic SpA
7.1.8 Perceptron Inc
7.1.9 Uss Vision Inc
7.1.10 IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET