The China Pressure Sensor Market is expected to register a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecasted period (2021 - 2026). The pressure sensors market is driven by the increasing demand from the automotive segment, which uses pressure sensors for various applications such as TPMS and exhaust gas pressure of EGR systems. Government regulations mandating the use of pressure sensors in automobiles have also contributed to the growth in demand for pressure sensors. Increasing demand in new and existing manufacturing industries is expected to boost the performance of the market during the forecast period. However, during the COVID-19 pandemic, the supply chain for manufacturing of pressure sensors was disrupted as production had been halted amid lockdown.
- One of the main driver for developing MEMS-based components for space is the achievable miniaturization.It not only helps save space on boards, but can also allow reduction in increased redundancy. In healthcare industry, pressure sensors can monitor breathing to detect problems such as the apnea that interrupts restful sleep. These sensors need to be small and light so that they can be worn on a harness or sleeping clothes without introducing discomfort.
- These sensors also have the ability to stands up to harsh environments, such as fresh air mixed with high concentrations of corrosive gases like engine exhaust and halogens. They can also withstand extreme temperatures and dynamic environmental changes. Hence their applications in microcontroller, voltage regulators, manufacturing equipments and other quipments designed for harsh environments is increasing.
- Although the miniature pressure sensors have been applied to improve sensitivity of equipments, it s complex manufacturing processes raise the cost and act as an obstacle to enable large-scale manufacturing of pressure sensors.
Key Market Trends
Need for Robust Design and Enhanced Performance in Rugged Environment to Drive the Market Growth
- China is one of the world s leading manufacturing nation and presence of corrosive media can present a threat to the integrity of the sensor as a whole. Commonly encountered mediums during manufacturing processes include industrial acids, alkalis, salt water in a marine environment, or even fresh water if the sensor is to be used outdoors or underwater.
- In Pharmaceutical, Drugs and Food production processes there is a threat of corroded sensors to contaminate the product, where materials in the sensor may present a contamination threat.
- Pressure sensing at extreme temperatures is required in numerous industrial sectors, such as in the petrochemical industry where vast networks of pipelines must be monitored accurately. Pipeline pressures must be monitored at locations throughout an entire refining and distribution network that can span extreme climates from near-arctic conditions to desert heat.
- Sino-Inst is a manufacturer of high temperature pressure sensors in China has developed a high Temperature Pressure Sensor for pressure measurement of high temperature gas or liquid. Such as steam pressure. High temperature up to 800 degree centigrade.
Demand from Medical Devices Industry to Drive the Market Growth
- Manufacturers of oxygen concentrator devices require pressure sensors that are both highly accurate and highly repeatable. This market consists of both commercial (hospital grade) and portable devices used in the home. As the world’s population ages and grows, so has the demand for oxygen concentrator devices.
- Medical pressure sensors measure the oxygen tank level (about 2,000 psi (136 Bar) or more)as well as the flow of oxygen (about 4 kPa) being delivered to the patient. Pressure sensors are alsorequired in the module that concentrates oxygen (typically 2 bar) directly from the atmosphere.
- Oxygen concentrators are also used for other applications such as victims of smoke inhalation and other lung injuries. Patients undergoing surgical procedures also require concentrated oxygen before and after surgery. One of the major issues that COVID-19 patients face is the inability to breathe properly. With the advent of the pandemic demand for oxygen concentrators rose suddenly in China and also globally. However, China, being a global manufacturing hub, holds immense potential for the sensors sales.
The competitive landscape of the Pressure Sensor market in China is competitive, owing to the presence of a few market players holding significant market share. . Shanghai Zhaohui Pressure Apparstus Co.,Ltd, are among the major players in the Chinese Pressure Sensor market. The companies are involved in many growth and expansion strategies to get a competitive advantage. Business participants also follow the value chain alliance with business transactions in various steps of the value chain.
With the advancement of technology and the development of the times, China s sensor manufacturers have increased and developed rapidly. Nanjing Wotian, a Chinese heavyweight pressure sensor manufacturer, has the core technology of diffused silicon pressure sensors and glass micro-melt pressure sensors.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter s Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Impact of the COVID-19 on the Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Introduction to Market Dynamics
5.2 Market Drivers
5.2.1 Rising Emphasis on Miniaturization of Equipment
5.2.2 Need for Robust Design and Enhanced Performance in Rugged Environment
5.3 Market Challenges
5.4 Technical Issues associated with the involvement of Smaller Components
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Product
6.1.3 Strain gauge
6.1.5 Vacuum Pressure
6.1.6 Other Product Types
6.2 By End-user Vertical
6.2.2 Aerospace & Military
6.2.3 Chemical & Petrochemical
6.2.6 Power Generation
6.2.7 Other End-users
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Shanghai Zhaohui Pressure Apparatus Co.,Ltd
7.1.2 Ericco International Limited
7.1.3 Xi an UTOP Measurement Instrument Co.,Ltd
7.1.4 TM Automation Instruments Co., Ltd.
7.1.5 All Sensors Corporation
7.1.6 First Sensor AG
7.1.7 Honeywell International Inc.
7.1.8 Ninghai Sendo Sensor Co. Ltd
7.1.9 Rosemount Inc. (Emerson Electric Company)
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET