The Asia Pacific Hazardous Waste Handling Automation Market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.2% during the forecast period. With the outbreak of COVID-19, Companies are hence offering innovative solutions to foster automation solutions in the waste management industry. Waste products from the manufacturing industries, such as paints, oils, batteries, strong acids and bases, reactive substances, and other ignitable wastes, should be disposed of with special care. The improper disposal of these wastes impacts the environment to a great extent. This aforementioned concern is a significant factor driving the market ahead. Therefore, the increasing amount of waste from the production and manufacturing sector is driving the market s growth.
- The hazardous waste handling automation market is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period due to the stringent governmental and industrial regulations to maintain people s safety from hazardous waste and the harm caused to the people and the environment.
- Furthermore, several non-government organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) are stepping in to help hospitals and other healthcare facilities collect, recycle, and dispose of medical waste. Such initiatives are expected to boost further the adoption of automation solutions for waste management.
- The hazardous waste consists of the materials generated daily by people, power plants, and manufacturing companies. The use of such automation solutions for handling waste improves the process efficiency and reduces manual intervention reliability as it can be dangerous to the human body. Hence, the concerns about the proper handling of these harmful substances can be eliminated. Such increasing safety concerns are expected to boost the demand for automation solutions in waste management in the region.
- Also, Hazardous waste poses an enormous threat to public health. It has to be treated, recycled, and disposed of effectively to prevent environmental pollution. The growing awareness has brought the government s attention toward setting up rules that can help effectively tackle these wastes.
Key Market Trends
Growing Concerns about Waste Management is Expected to Drive the Demand
- The automation solutions also help in controlling the expenditure toward healthcare treatment caused by the after-effects of these hazardous wastes on the population. The growth in awareness and the changing environmental conditions are expected to drive the global hazardous waste handling automation market.
- The manufacturing industry is one of the significant segments that produce waste globally. A large portion of these wastes is hazardous due to the presence of chemical substances. Further, Waste products from the manufacturing industries, such as paints, oils, batteries, strong acids and bases, reactive substances, and other ignitable wastes, should be disposed of with special care. The improper disposal of these wastes impacts the environment to a great extent, and ultimately, human beings. This aforementioned concern is a significant factor driving the market ahead. Therefore, the increasing amount of waste from the production and manufacturing sector is driving the market s growth.
- In order to avoid the direct contact of humans with hazardous waste, the need for automation increased drastically. By deploying various automation solutions, the concerns of proper handling can be reduced, and process efficacy can be improved.
- Further, the International Environmental Technology Centre (IETC) of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) in Japan encourages the deployment of integrated solid waste management systems. Its work also focuses on properly handling specific wastes in developing countries (electronics, agricultural biomass, and plastics). IETC strives to improve solid waste management by incorporating all stakeholders through local pilot projects.
Japan to Hold the Significant Share in the Market
- The public sanitation zone expands as metropolitan areas grow. Setting up trash transfer stations from small or medium-sized garbage trucks to larger trucks helps improve the efficiency of collection and transport operations in cities with expanding collection zones.
- Further, the expense of garbage collection and transportation accounts for a large portion of waste disposal operations in the city, and improving collection and transportation efficiency reduces costs while maintaining or improving quality.
- The country is witnessing a series of new product launches and mergers and acquisitions in the market, as every vendor wants to utilize the opportunity. The major drivers behind the investments in the market are the continuous evolution and application of new technologies to unlock enormous volumes that were previously considered non-commercial.
- Some Japanese companies have set up joint ventures in China that had significant success in producing and marketing transfer stations. Some of them are also sold to other Asian countries. Transferring to larger trucks at the transfer station enhances transportation efficiency and minimizes fuel consumption per garbage volume by transport vehicles. This lowers costs and lowers CO2 emissions, assisting in the fight against global warming. This is creating waste handling automation demand in the country.
The Asia Pacific Hazardous Waste Handling Automation Market is moderately competitive in nature. Product launches, high expense on research and development, partnerships, and acquisitions are the prime growth strategies adopted by the companies in the region to sustain the intense competition.
- August 2021 - Merino Industry Ltd., a laminate producer in India, placed an order for several machines from Pallmann’s portfolio. The order volume consists of three knife ring flakers, two double stream mills, a re-chipper, and the supervision of commissioning. The machines are part of a new particleboard plant at Halol in Gujarat. The delivery of the Pallmann machines is scheduled for March 2022.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter s Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Government and Industry Regulations
5.1.2 Growing Concerns about Waste Management
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 The Market has Reached Stagnant Position in Several Developed Countries
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type of Waste
6.1.1 Listed Wastes
6.1.2 Characteristic Wastes
6.1.3 Universal Wastes
6.1.4 Mixed Wastes
6.2 By Product
6.2.1 Manipulator Arms
6.2.2 Telescoping Masts
6.2.5 Size Reduction Systems
6.2.6 Other Products
6.3 By End-user Industry
6.3.4 Consumer Care
6.3.6 Other End-user Industries
6.4 By Country
6.4.4 Rest of the Asia Pacific
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 PaR Systems Inc.
7.1.2 Konecranes PLC
7.1.3 DX Engineering
7.1.4 Floatograph Technologies
7.1.6 Hosokawa Micron Powder Systems
7.1.7 ACE Inc.
7.1.8 Terex MHPS GmbH
7.1.10 PENZ crane
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET