The market for acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSA) is expected to register a CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are the rising demand for lightweight and low emission automotive and the increasing adoption of low-cost flexible packaging aids. However, stringent environmental regulations regarding emissions are expected to hinder the market growth.
- The tapes segment dominated the market and is expected to grow during the forecast period, owing to the growing end-user industries, such as packaging, medical, and transportation.
- The shifting focus toward bio-based PSAs is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from the countries, such as China, Japan, and India.
Key Market Trends
Tapes Dominated the Market
- Acrylic-bonded adhesive tapes are widely resistant to the weathering and aging that includes many adhesives, especially when exposed to UV rays, moisture, and chemicals. They maintain stability when exposed to high temperatures, making it the go-to adhesive tapes, especially for thermal applications.
- Acrylic tapes are used in day-to-day life for various purposes, ranging from packaging to attaching. Common examples of acrylic PSA tapes are electrical tapes, duct tapes, masking tapes, surgical tapes, and box-sealing tapes, among others. Scotch tape is one of the most famous acrylic PSA tapes manufactured by 3M.
- Currently, Scotch transparent tape is widely used in homes, offices, and schools, worldwide. It has evolved into one of the most versatile and valued products in the market, with myriad everyday uses.
- Different types of acrylic PSA tapes used in various applications. For instance, Commercial, it is Acrylic-based commercial tapes are used for aesthetic and functional purposes in varied industries. They are known for temperature resistance, conformability, shear strength, and surface adhesion. They are majorly used in construction, metalworking, and packaging, among others.
- Henkel, 3M, and Avery Dennison Corporation are some of the major players involved in the manufacture of acrylic pressure-sensitive graphic tapes.
- The rapidly growing end-user industries, such as packaging, medical, and transportation, coupled with unique uses and advantages of acrylic PSA tapes, are expected to boost the market studied, during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- With over 40% of the global demand, Asia-Pacific is the most promising market for acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives, which is likely to dominate the market in the near future. This domination can be attributed to the growing demand for tapes and labels in the region.
- China, India, Japan, and South Korea account for over 85% of the demand for acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives. The growing packaging and automotive industries are driving the market for acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives in this region.
- China’s packaging requirement is high as the country stands to be the world’s largest manufacturing economy. With a growth pattern in the industrial and FMCG products in the country, the packaging demand has been experiencing an increase, further driving the demand for acrylic PSAs from the packaging industry.
- Overall, with the consistent growth in countries like China, India, and Japan, the demand for acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives is expected to increase at a faster pace in the overall region, in the coming years. The huge growth of Asia-Pacific is quite instrumental in the expansion of the acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives market.
The acrylic pressure sensitive adhesives market is consolidated and the top seven players account for almost 55% of the market. The major companies include Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, 3M, HB Fuller, Avery Dennison Corporation, and Arkema, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Demand for Light weight and Low Emission Automotive
4.1.2 Increasing Adoption of Low Cost Flexible Packaging Aids
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Price Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.3 Graphics (films)
5.1.4 Other Applications
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.2 Building and Construction
5.2.4 Electrical and Electronics
5.2.5 Paper and Paperboard Packaging
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
5.3 By Technology
5.3.3 Hot Melt
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Adhesives Research, Inc.
6.4.3 American Biltrite Inc.
6.4.5 Ashland Inc.
6.4.6 Avery Dennison Corporation
6.4.7 Beardow & Adams
6.4.9 Drytac Corporation
6.4.10 Franklin International Inc.
6.4.11 H.B. Fuller
6.4.12 Helmitin Adhesives
6.4.13 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.14 LG Chem
6.4.16 No-tape Industrial Co.
6.4.17 Soken Chemical & Engineering Co., Ltd
6.4.18 Tesa SE
6.4.19 Toyo Ink SC Holdings Co., Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Shifting focus towards Bio-Based PSA's
7.2 Other Opportunities